Personal and Professional Editions
Firefly/Weaveworld has two operational modes ('Editions')
- After the installation the program starts as a Personal Edition what is free to use.
- The purpose of the Personal Edition is to develop and try 'Requirement-models' and other processes on a personal computer/laptop
- Personal Edition needs Internet connection, so it is not working if the server is not available (even because of maintenance).
- Using a valid License file the program switch to Professional Edition.
- The purpose of the Professional Edition is to create a Knowledge-center about the developed/used applications' features
- A 6 or 12 month license can be ordered.
|Personal Edition||Professional Edition|
|Free to use||License is needed|
|Mandatory Internet connection||Offline or Intranet usage, too|
| Mandatory Updates (2-3 a week). |
Latest version has to be used
|Any version can be used|
| Traces are not recorded, but |
stepping is available, even in a
TTS synchronized way
| Traces can be recorded, so they can be later
examined, exported and presented
| The server can be accessed |
and controlled from a local
| The server can be accessed/controlled remotely from
other computers. (Developers can remotely use the
test computer, data can be accessed or presented
|Server needs frequent restarts|
|No instant compile/build||Instant compile/build is available|